This qualification provides an occupational outcome in conservation and land management. Work would be carried out under general guidance and supervision. The qualification enables individuals to select an Indigenous land management, conservation earthworks, lands, parks and wildlife or natural area management context as a job focus or a mix of these.
Study and Career Pathways
Students graduating from this program will be able to enroll into any Certificate IV or higher vocational program. Graduates may be able to secure employment in any entry level position.
This program has approximately 670 nominal hours or 1 day per week over 26 weeks. Other delivery modes may apply. Intakes are at the commencement of each semester.
There are no entry requirements to this qualification, although, it is suggested that students should have a reasonable level of year 10 attainment.
This qualification consists of 16 units of competency including 2 core units and 14 electives.
- The full fee for this qualification is; $2,400.00
- Each individual unit fee is; $150.00per unit
Enrolment fees can be paid as an entire of qualification lump sum.
Student who study this qualification over a longer period of time can pay by each unit upon enrolment as defined in their Student Training Plan.
How to Enroll
Completed enrolment forms can also be posted to; PO Box 2773, Bundaberg, Q, 4670, or forms can be submitted in person at; 2 Marina Drive Burnett Heads, 4670.
Enrolling students will be considered for a place on the program and if accepted, will be provided with Yalga-binbi bank details for the transfer of enrolment fees.
- AHCWHS301 Contribute to work health and safety processes
- AHCWRK309 Apply environmentally sustainable work practices
Electives (Relevant electives to be chosen from the below list)
- AHCILM305 Work with an Aboriginal Community or organisation
- AHCNAR301 Maintain natural areas
- AHCNAR303 Implement revegetation works
- AHCSAW302 Implement erosion and sediment control measures
- AHCNAR305 Collect native seed
- AHCPGD301 Implement a plant establishment program
- AHCPGD304 Implement a landscape maintenance program
- AHCPCM302 Provide information on plants and their culture
- AHCPCM303 Identify plant specimens
- AHCPMG302 Control plant pests, diseases and disorders
- AHCLPW306 Undertake sampling and testing of water
- AHCCHM303 Prepare and apply chemicals
- AHCCHM304 Transport and store chemicals
- AHCPMG301 Control weeds