This qualification is designed for individuals who need skills to prepare for a vocational pathway qualification or further foundation skills development.
The qualification is suitable for individuals who require:
- a prevocational pathway to employment and vocational training
- reading, writing, numeracy, oral communication and learning skills at Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) Level 2
- entry level digital technology and employability skills
- education, training and employment goals
Study and Career Pathways
Students graduating from this program will be able to progress to the Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways or may be able to enroll into any Certificate III or higher vocational program. Graduates may be able to secure employment in any entry level position.
This program has 145 nominal hours or one day per week over 18 weeks. Intakes are at the commencement of each semester.
There are no entry requirements to this qualification, although, it is suggested that students should have a reasonable level of year 10 attainment.
This qualification consists of 11 units of competency including 7 core units and 4 electives.
- FSKDIG02 Use digital technology for simple workplace tasks
- FSKLRG08 Use simple strategies for work-related learning
- FSKNUM08 Identify and use whole numbers and simple fractions, decimals and
percentages for work
- FSKNUM09 Identify, measure and estimate familiar quantities for work
- FSKOCM03 Participate in simple spoken interactions at work
- FSKRDG07 Read and respond to simple workplace information
- FSKWTG06 Write simple workplace information
- FSKNUM03 Use whole numbers and money up to one thousand for work
- FSKNUM04 Locate, compare and use highly familiar measurements for work
- FSKOCM02 Engage in basic spoken exchanges at work
- FSKWTG03 Write basic workplace information
- The full fee for this qualification is; $1,401.55
- Each individual unit fee is; $127.37 per unit
Enrolment fees can be paid as an entire of qualification lump sum.
Student who study this qualification over a longer period of time can pay by each unit upon enrolment as defined in their Student Training Plan.
How to Enroll
Completed enrolment forms can also be posted to; PO Box 2773, Bundaberg, Q, 4670, or forms can be submitted in person at; 2 Marina Drive Burnett Heads, 4670.
Enrolling students will be considered for a place on the program and if accepted, will be provided with Yalga-binbi bank details for the transfer of enrolment fees.